From: Colin Bell <Colin.B<ell@as...> - 2002-03-27 23:13:58
Version 1.1beta2 of SQuirreL SQL Client has been released. It
can be downloaded from
The full list of changes are:
- Windows batch file now allows for spaces in the classpath (Bruno Haas).
- Windows batch file now passes the -classic flag to the VM to stop
plugins looking for files in the "Colin Bell" or "Johan Compagner"
directories instead of the plugins private directory.
- "Torn off" SQL results windows are now closed when the session is
- Unix shell script now has correct line terminators.
- QueryTokenizer improperly parsed strings with quotes on multiple lines
and caused SQLException (Todd Larsen).
- Application Settings dialog now has a more sensible width under JDK1.4.
- If no alises defined then the Alises dropdown has a sensible width
- If Aliases dropdown is empty when adding the first one to it then make
the new one the selected one.
- When adding aliases/drivers then select the newly added one in the list.
- When deleting aliases/drivers then ensure that another one selected
in the list.
- longvarchars will now be displayed instead of <null> (Johan Compagner)
- JDBC drivers reloaded when they have been modified through the
- Keeping the state when refreshing the tree works now (Johan Compagner)
- Now showing all columns in meta data displays.
- Drop table menu item on the ObjectTree (Johan Compagner)
- Full column data can be displayed in a popup window if you double click on
it (Johan Compagner)
- If selected String are longer then 50 chars then 45 chars + "......"
will be displayed. (Johan Compagner)
- If only one cell selected in table when pressing copy then no header
will be appended. (Johan Compagner)
- Icon shown for drivers that are loaded or not (Johan Compagner/Henner
- TableSorting by clicking column headers (Johan Compagner)
- Escape now cancels Connection Dialog.
- Licence for the client application changed from GPL to LGPL.
- JDK1.4 specific code now called through reflection so application
can be compiled using JDK1.3.