From: Colin Bell <colbelloz@bi...> - 2002-02-04 12:30:52
The first beta of 1.1 is now available. SQuirreL now has a plugin
architecture and three plugins have been released at the same time.
The jEdit plugin allows you to use the text control from the jEdit text
editor (http://www.jedit.org). This is a far more powerful text control that
the standard Java text area with highlighting styles, bracket matching and
more. Requires at least JDK1.3 and SQuirreL SQL Client 1.1beta1.
The Look and Feel plugin allows you to change the Look and Feel for SQuirreL
SQL Client, as well as change the font used. It ships with both the
Kunststoff and SkinLF Look and Feels. Requires at least JDK1.3 and SQuirreL
SQL Client 1.1beta1.
The SQL Scripts plugin will allow you to save and restore SQL scripts
from/to text files as well as generate CREATE TABLE and INSERT scripts for
existing tables in a database. Requires at least JDK1.3 and SQuirreL SQL
The full list of changes in 1.1beta1 are:
Plugin architecture added.
- Now under JDK1.4 have option to scroll tabbed
pane tabs rather than wrap them.
- Look and Feel functionality moved to a plugin.
- The results of queries can be displayed in
multiple tabs and these tabs can be "torn off"
- Can now enter execute multiple SQL statements
- The message panel is now resizable (Johan
- New "Info" tab on SQL query results.
- No longer try to load blob fields from SQL
- View SQL data entry caret line/column in
- Removed control characters from SQL Result tab
- The characters -- at the beginning of a line of
SQL will turn it into a comment.
- Properties windows are now modeless.
- Driver and Alias maintenance windows are now
- Aliaes and Drivers tool window now resized when
Look and Feel changed (if required).
- Now displaying SQL Error Code and State when an
SQL error occurs.
- Can now select the Font for the SQL entry area.
- New "Show Native SQL" item in Session menu.
- "New Session" options moved from Global
Prefernces dialog to new Session Properties
- New options on the session menu - Close all
result tabs and close all Result windows.
- New option on the Windows menu - Close all
- Bring aliases/driver window to front if action
- New application argument -noplugins which will
run SQuirreL without any plugins being loaded.
- Undo/redo support now added to the SQL entry
area (Johan Compagner).
- Copying SQL results now includes the column
headings (Johan Compagner).
- New "Copy as HTML" option for SQL results
- Bug fixed in About Box where the thread that
updates the memory status continued updating
when the About Box was not being displayed.
- Dialogs have been cleaned up.
- Apache log4j is used for the logging subsystem.
- JDBC debug can be specified in the global
- New application argument allows you to override
the user settings directory.
- Stored proc column information now available.
- Connection window is now modeless.
- SQL execution and object tree expansion now run
in a separate thread so that the user interface
is still responsive (Johan Compagner).
- Row count is now available on the Info tab for a
- Meta data is available for the results of SQL
- Replaced the JDOM library with NanoXML.