Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

2.6.11 patch

Help
2005-06-05
2013-05-29
  • A. Alper ATICI
    A. Alper ATICI
    2005-06-05

Does 2.1 have any issues with kernel 2.6.11?

• mirakels
      mirakels
      2005-06-08

I use it on one of the latest fedora development kernels just fine on my laptop (linux 2.6.11-1.1323_FC4)

• Antonello
      Antonello
      2005-06-09

Where can we find it?

• > Where can we find it?

Use the 2.6.9 patch.  This applies and works fine on 2.6.11 (and 2.6.12 BTW).

I intend to release a new version with updated patches ASAP, it's just a matter of getting time!

• Antonello
        Antonello
        2005-06-15

Can u release a patch for Fedore Core; seem different. I don't find inode.c and the other file to edit!!!

• Okay - I'm happy to release a patch for Fedora Core.  However, without any info about what is going wrong, I'm a bit stumped as to what to do :-)

Please could you send me the output of the patch command, so I can see what's happening, and what is failing (if you can't find the files, then patch is obviously failing).

Please type

% script

follow the instructions in the INSTALL file, and then type

% exit

this will generate a record of everything you did (and the output) in the file typescript.  If you send me the file I can see what you did and what went wrong.

I've seen a couple of posts about Fedora Core and so something is wrong somewhere.  If you tell me the Fedora Core version I can probably download their patched kernel, and check this myself.

Thanks

Phillip

• Antonello
      Antonello
      2005-06-29

Mine is Fedora Core 3!
      Tx a lot!

But where is the file? ;-)

I help you with all infos displayed and test needed