IBM DB2 support

Akalpit
2007-07-12
2013-04-25
  • Akalpit
    Akalpit
    2007-07-12

Hi,
    We are in an evaluation stage of SQLUnit. Present experience is great. I want to know about DB2 support for sqlUnit. I did execute the DB2 procedure and worked fine. But in documentation DB2 support is not mentioned. Can any one please give the updates?

• Sujit Pal
      Sujit Pal
      2007-07-12

I don't think anyone has used DB2 with SQLUnit yet, but SQLUnit is a java tool, so any database which offers a JDBC driver should just work. There are obviously going to be a few database specific issues, since each database has a little different mapping from column types to java types. If you are doing it, then we could mention your name in the docs :-).

-sujit

• I'm trying SQLUnit with IBM DB2...

When executing test cases against IBM DB2, I got the error “Cannot build Connection (connection-id=null) because The driver does not support this function.” See details of the error in the bottom of this message.

- IBM DB2: Installed on AS400
      - Driver used: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
      - The test suite was executed by using command line: ant sqlunit-flat -Dtestfile=test/ibmdb2/test.xml
      - SQLUnit version: 5.0

Note: I tried some test suite samples using MySQL and they all work, but IBM DB2

sqlunit-flat:
      [sqlunit] *** Running SQLUnit file: test/ibmdb2/test.xml
      [sqlunit] Getting connection(DEFAULT)
      [sqlunit] Cannot build Connection (connection-id=null) because The driver does
      not support this function.
      [sqlunit] sqlunit-ant: Cannot build Connection (connection-id=null) because Th
      e driver does not support this function.
      [sqlunit] Cannot build Connection (connection-id=null) because The driver does
      not support this function.
      ****************************************************************************************

I think SQLUnit does not support IBM DB2 but I'm not sure.

Any idea, please help?