C++ 2008 & A Schema Tree

Ken Miles
2008-07-13
2013-04-16
  • Ken Miles
    Ken Miles
    2008-07-13

First been using SQLTools++ for a year or so now (Since they economised with toad licences :( ) - and got to like it as I made changes to suit my working

I have just finished merging my changes with latest version using Visual Studio 2008 - I haven't encountered any issues compiling/debugging in VS 2008 you'll be glad to know.

One thing I have added is a Tree view showing schemas allowing you to drill down to tables, views, ( and the columns) procedures, function and packages (and the parameters) – it should be fairly simple to expand to handle other items

I have also added properties Site, Application & Domain and the ability to filter on them (but these are in conflict with you changes at the moment so need to work more on them)

Do these sound of any interest in adding to project

Ken

• randolf_geist
      randolf_geist
      2008-07-18

Ken,

first of all, apologies for the late reply. For some reason I didn't get a notification email and just now detected your message.

It's nice to see that someone else has picked up the "open source" idea and started to add/change things to suit his needs. That's exactly how I got involved to SQLTools++: I liked the original SQLTools and was missing some features so I gave it a try and started to work on my own version.

This tree view addition for schema browsing sounds interesting and I could imagine that many users may like it.

I haven't understood yet what you mean by "added properties Site, Application & Domain"? Where did you add that and what's the purpose of it?

If you like to, you can send me a copy of your current executable (see my homepage
      http://www.sqltools-plusplus.org:7676/ for contact details) so that I can get an impression of your changes. Or do I need a full blown installation, resp. have you changed configuration settings etc., so that I need more files?

Best Regards,
      Randolf

• Ken Miles
      Ken Miles
      2008-07-19

Randolf

No worries - didn't get the notification of your reply myself (unless it's caught up in spam traps)

Sent you an email

I think too many people look at Open Source as free to use, instead of as free to adapt and/or improve

Ken

• randolf_geist
      randolf_geist
      2008-07-22

Ken,

I've tried to sent you an email, don't know whether it got lost in your "spam" folder. May be you can check.

Best Regards,
      Randolf

• Ken Miles
        Ken Miles
        2008-07-22

Sorry Randolf, can't see any

Checked whether anything could be sent to it - it appears that SourceForge didn't like the email address I was using (but was happy to send them for monitoring emails :s )

updated it to one that works - emails seem to be working now, so maybe you can try again

Ken