Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

SQLite and QT4

Help
2007-12-19
2013-05-14
  • Luke Mauldin
    Luke Mauldin
    2007-12-19

I saw an earlier post that converted Sqlite Database Browser to use QT4.  I have taken that and built upon it and I have created a version of Sqlite Database Browser that uses only QT4 and has no dependencies on the QT3 support libraries.  For each UI file, I created the necessary .h and .cpp class files and used multiple inheritance, like is recommended in the QT4 documentation.  I tried to keep as close to the original code-base and functionality as possible.  If you would like to see the code, I would be glad to post it.

Luke

• That would be very cool to have in the main repository. Do you want to join the project and maybe commit your changes?

Regards,
      Mauricio Piacentini

• Luke Mauldin
        Luke Mauldin
        2007-12-19

I would not be opposed to joining the project and commiting my changes.  However, I do not have much CVS experience and I would not want to mess up the code that is already there.  I believe that every file changed and I added quite a few new files because of the changes required to the UI files.  Would it be better if I created a compressed archive and sent that to one of the project admins and let them have control over checking the code into the repository? 

As an additional note, I have not tried to compile this code on Windows or MacOS yet.  I can only verify that I have compiled it and it works on Ubuntu 7.10.

Luke

• OK. Send it to me then, and I will have a look at it during this next week.

Regards,
          Mauricio Piacentini

• Luke Mauldin
            Luke Mauldin
            2007-12-19

You should have an email coming from me with the sqlitebrowser source code attached.  Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Luke