Help
smougey
2006-02-22
2013-05-14
  • smougey
    smougey
    2006-02-22

Hello

I'm trying to recompile sqlite browser with sqlite 3.3.4 (on Mac OS X), and it doesn't works.

I've replaced the sqlite_source with the new source code from 3.3.4 (and also new headers), but I can't compile sqlite...

Need help !

• Jens Miltner
      Jens Miltner
      2006-02-22

The cvs repository for sqlitebrowser already contains updated sources - including the sqlite 3.3.4 source. It builds and runs on my machine.
      Did you try with the sources from the sqlitebrowser cvs repository?
      What errors do you get compiling?
      If you didn't try yet, I suggest getting the latest sqlitebrowser sources from cvs and try with those...

• smougey
        smougey
        2006-02-22

> Did you try with the sources from the sqlitebrowser cvs repository?
        No, from the 1.2.1 sources

> What errors do you get compiling?
        ./sqlite_source/libsqlite_source.a: No such file or directory
        I can't compile the libsqlite

>If you didn't try yet, I suggest getting the latest sqlitebrowser sources from cvs and try with those...
        I can't connect to the sqlitebrowser CSV repository with this :
        http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/sqlitebrowser
        or with a csv client...

• CVS is working correctly, and as Jens mentioned he has already updated it to 3.3.4. Maybe you could try again?

The error you are getting indicates that the libsqlite.a static file has not been built. I guess you need to do something like this from the command line:

>>from the sqlitebrowser directory
          cd sqlite_source
          qmake
          make
          >>>lib will be build
          cd ..
          qmake sqlitebrowser
          make

Should work. If it doesn´t, try cvs. We will probably upload 1.2.2 shortly as well.

• Brett
      Brett
      2006-03-22

Any word on 1.2.2? It would be great to have a chance to work with it.

• I might be able to do a formal release next week, after returning from a conference (currently out of the office and without access to the 3 platforms needed for a full release.) But CVS is updated, if you want to checkout and build it yourself.