no correct uninstallation - molestation by a Microsoft Visual Basic page

Help
EuBaeStu
2014-02-06
2014-02-07
  • EuBaeStu
    EuBaeStu
    2014-02-06

I tried to use Spreadsheet Compare with Windows 7 64-bit and Excel 2003. Only error reports: "Error at compilation: Mistake with automatification" (I tried to re-translate from German.) So I uninstalled as proposed via Add/Remove. COM-Add-Ins in Excel Extras is empty. A remaining Spreadsheet-folder I deleted manually.

Nevertheless I can't start Excel documents in proper way since then. I must click away several error messages (as said above) and a page "Microsoft Visual Basic - Spreadsheet Compare.xla" to finally appear my desired Excel document. When I close the document, the Visual Basic page and error report appear once more.

How can I get rid of that Visual Basic page and error reports? Setting my PC back to the state of some days before did not help.

• SteveT
      SteveT
      2014-02-06

After uninstalling, remove the xls/xlam from the following folder(s):

2000 - C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\Microsoft
      Office\Office9\XLSTART
      2002 - C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\Microsoft
      Office\Office10\XLSTART
      2003 - C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\Microsoft
      Office\Office11\XLSTART
      2007 - C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\Microsoft
      Office\Office12\XLSTART
      2010 - C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\Microsoft
      Office\Office14\XLSTART
      2013 - C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\Microsoft
      Office\Office15\XLSTART
      That should fix your problem.

You are using Excel 2003 which I have not played with for a while. You can review the helpon the website (or install the program and use the included help) as it gives a list of the required references and installation help. I removed some refs from 2007/2010 and may be able to do the same for 2003, making installation easier.

Steve

To: [spreadshcompare:discussion] 376218@discussion.spreadshcompare.p.re.sf.net
      Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:09 PM
      Subject: [spreadshcompare:discussion] no correct uninstallation - molestation by a Microsoft Visual Basic page

I tried to use Spreadsheet Compare with Windows 7 64-bit and Excel 2003. Only error reports: "Error at compilation: Mistake with automatification" (I tried to re-translate from German.) So I uninstalled as proposed via Add/Remove. COM-Add-Ins in Excel Extras is empty. A remaining Spreadsheet-folder I deleted manually.
      Nevertheless I can't start Excel documents in proper way since then. I must click away several error messages (as said above) and a page "Microsoft Visual Basic - Spreadsheet Compare.xla" to finally appear my desired Excel document. When I close the document, the Visual Basic page and error report appear once more.
      How can I get rid of that Visual Basic page and error reports? Setting my PC back to the state of some days before did not help.

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/spreadshcompare/discussion/376218/
      To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

Attachments
  • EuBaeStu
    EuBaeStu
    2014-02-07

Thank you, SteveT,

I solved the problem by installing Excel 2003 newly. (I have Excel 2007 and 2010 in my cupboard, but uninstalled them, as I can't get the menu bar there in the way I like it.)

EuBaeStu

• SteveT
      SteveT
      2014-02-07

Great. As 2003 and older use a different file (.xla) to 2007+ (.xlam), I have not been updating the 2003 version with all the latest changes (because it is 11 years old).

There are addins you can buy that will replicate the 2003 toolbars in 2007+. This gives you all the new features, but keeps the familiar toolbar. In Excel, there were some nice features added in 2007/2010. Now I am used to the Ribbon, I far prefer it over the menu/toolbar system.

Steve

To: [spreadshcompare:discussion] 376218@discussion.spreadshcompare.p.re.sf.net
      Sent: Friday, February 7, 2014 4:33 AM
      Subject: [spreadshcompare:discussion] no correct uninstallation - molestation by a Microsoft Visual Basic page

Thank you, SteveT,
      I solved the problem by installing Excel 2003 newly. (I have Excel 2007 and 2010 in my cupboard, but uninstalled them, as I can't get the menu bar there in the way I like it.)
      EuBaeStu

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/spreadshcompare/discussion/376218/
      To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

Attachments