Marc
2011-12-24
2013-05-01
  • Marc
    Marc
    2011-12-24

Hello,

I am very impatient to use ST.
    I understand ST is not meant to manage the device but on the mainpage, there is no tool to download the exercice files from the Timex Ironman Global Trainer.

How do you do that on Linux ?

Thx,
    Marc

• jede28
    jede28
    2011-12-27

Hi Marc,

you should read the README.txt. Here's the interesting section:

Notes for Timex users

The ExerciseViewer is able to parse and display PWX exercise files. These
    files are generated when the watch data is transferred from the watch to your
    computer using the Timex Device Agent software (available only for Windows
    and Mac OS X systems.) 
    If you are connected to the Internet when transferring data from your watch,
    the files are uploaded to the Training Peaks website and saved on your local
    hard disk.  If you are not connected to to the Internet, the Timex Device
    Agent software will save your PWX files on your hard disk until the next time
    you are connected to the Internet and run Timex Device Agent.

Windows users can find the PWX files in the following directories:
    - before transfer to trainingpeaks.com: %USERDIR%/Documents/TimexDA/Queued/
    - after transfer to trainingpeaks.com: %USERDIR%/Documents/TimexDA/Sent/

The filenames created by the Timex Data Exchanger are automatically generated
    but can be renamed without effecting usability.
    The standard format is:  TimexYYYYmmddHHMMSS_1.pwx
    (YYYYmmdd and HHMMSS are the date and time when the exercise was started)

The initial version of the parser only works with data collected in CHRONO
    mode. The watch does allow you to operate in both CHRONO and INTERVAL mode at
    the same time so if you like to use INTERVAL mode on the watch, you can still
    get your heart rate data by simultaneously operating in CHRONO mode.

If you wish to connect to the Internet but not send your data to the Training
    Peaks website, you must block the Timex Device Agent with your Firewall. In
    this case, the data files will be stored as though you were not connected to
    the Internet.

That's the latest infos I have from the developer of the Timex parser.

Bye, Stefan

• Marc
    Marc
    2012-01-01

Hello Stefan,

thanks for the answer.
    But this means I still have to use a Windows computer :-(

Happy new year .
    Marc

• jede28
    jede28
    2012-01-02

That's the current state :-)

• franc
    franc
    2012-01-04

Hey,

I got an Timex Ironman Triathlon HRM and I would like to use ist with Sportstracker. Obviously it can’t read or parse the data of this watch. I downloaded it from Trainingpeacks and unpacked the data in pwx-format. Nevertheless Sportstracker can’t read the Data or parse ist. Am I right?
    Franc

• jede28
    jede28
    2012-01-04

AFAIK only the Timex models "Timex Ironmen Race Trainer" and "Timex Ironmen Global Trainer" were tested successfully, I have no informations for the other models. So it could be that the "Timex Ironman Triathlon" does not work yet.

Have you tested the importer by using "Open in Exercise Viewer"? If yes, and it does not work, then please file a feature request for supporting the "Timex Ironman Triathlon". Please include a test exercise pwx file and an error log of the current parser implementation.

Bye, Stefan

• franc
    franc
    2012-01-09

Yes, I tried "Open in Exercise Viewer" - without succes.

As I don't know how to include an pwx-file in my reply I can only offer you to Mail you one  to projects@saring.de.

O.k.?
    Franc

• jede28
    jede28
    2012-01-09

Hi Franc,

I've tested the PWX file you send me and it works without any problems. Which version of SportsTracker you're using? I've tested it with the current development version, but it should also work with version 5.3.0.
    I'll send you a screenshot, so you must believe me :-)

Bye, Stefan

• franc
    franc
    2012-01-10

I belive you because I just tried it on my computer at work - with success and without any problems. Thank you for your support. Maybe my problems at home are due to the fact that I have installed Windows and Ubuntu there. This cause sometimes problems. Thanx again,
    Franc