RS200sd + SL2HRM

2006-04-20
2013-05-01
  • Marco Salvagno
    Marco Salvagno
    2006-04-20

Hello all!

I'm using sl2hrm to download data from my RS200sd HRM, I can't open such files with PolarViewer, though.

I ran into two different errors. The first one has something to do with the HRM Version, which is set to 107 by sl2hrm while PolarViewer only seems to be accepting 106.

I've edited the HRM file to read Version=106, but then I receive the following error:

PVException catched - Message: Failed to read HRM file, can't parse recording mode informations ...
    in <0x02659> PolarViewer.Parser.PolarHRMParser:ParseExercise (System.String filename)
    in <0x00115> PolarViewer.Gui.PVDocument:OpenExerciseFile (System.String filename

Any idea?

• jede28
      jede28
      2006-04-23

Hi Marco,

I don't know the sl2hrm tool. Is it a windows or linux application and for which polar models it is ?

Please create a bug entry for PolarViewer and attach such a problematic HRM file (unmodified please). So I could take a look to that problem. 

Bye,
      Stefan

• It's a windows application that downloads data for many polar models, including the RS200sd.

I'll do as suggested, thank you :)

• Marco Salvagno
      Marco Salvagno
      2006-05-06

Hello Stefan,

I have talked with sl2hrm's author, and he told me that he's still missing some information about the new models' protocol (namely CRC)

In the meanwhile, how do I feed raw data to PolarViewer ( those so-called .rs200sd files)?

• jede28
      jede28
      2006-05-06

Hi Marco,

what do you mean by "feed data" ? Do you want to know how to download the binary files, so you can use the existing RS200SD Parser in PolarViewer ?
      You need to Jacob Ilsø Christensen, he has contributed this parser. I never tested the download, I don't own this watch.
      You can find his email address e.g. in the about dialog.

Bye,
      Stefan

• Marco Salvagno
      Marco Salvagno
      2006-05-06

That's all I wanted to know

Thank you! :)