is this project dead?

frigg
2010-04-12
2013-05-28
  • frigg
    frigg
    2010-04-12

Hi there,

just a question: Is the development stopped and the users have to use other drivers e.g. http://foo2qpdl.rkkda.com/ to support newser printers like the SAMSUNG CLP-310?

regards,
    Frank

• Chris Puttick
    Chris Puttick
    2010-04-12

AFAIK the project is merely sleeping. Splix should support any printer, like the CLP-310, that uses SPL or SPL-C as its printer language; does the 310 not work? If so, what errors are you experiencing?

C

• frigg
    frigg
    2010-04-13

Hi,

the error message is:
    CUPS 1.4.2 error message:
    "SpliX Cannot open CMS file /usr/share/cups/model/samsung/cms/CLP-300cms (2)"

this above is soved by copying the content of the cms directory of the original samsung linux drivers to the newly  created cms subdirectory of my cups installation.

But this falure resists. There is no error found in cups error_log:
    There is a page printing, but with following content:
    SPL-C ERROR - Please use the proper driver

POSITION : 0x0 (0)

SYSTEM : src/xl_image

LINE : 606

VERSION : SPL C 5.35 11-20 2007

regards,

Frank

• Chris Puttick
    Chris Puttick
    2010-04-13

How are you installing the package and on what operating system?

• Till Kamppeter
    Till Kamppeter
    2011-02-19

Aurelien does not have much time any more to work on the driver. Now I am looking through the user inquiries (forums, trackers) from time to time and add contributed patches and new printer models according to user reports. Note that I do not have any Samsung printer, so I have to trust the reporting users.

• Till Kamppeter
    Till Kamppeter
    2011-12-10

Aurelien, could you give me admin access rights so that I can do releases and update the web site? Can you also tell me how to proceed for doing releases and updating the web site? This way it would be much easier for Linux distributions to keep up with the latest changes on SpliX.