Existing prototype of the measuring framework
This pages briefly describes framework that already exists for evaluating SPL formulas.
- scan classes in the classpath to find all
@SPL annotated methods
- parse simple SPL formulas
- lambda functions limited (only constant multiplication recognized)
- nested classes not supported (syntax not defined)
- list what needs to be measured
- function (fully qualified name)
- generator (ditto)
- generator argument(s)
- measure single function with specified generator and argument
- runs warm-up loops prior actual measuring
- possible to specify number of loops or approximate time to run the measuring
- R script to process the results
- final output features
- XML file with aggregated results
- basic statistics
- simple graphs
- HTML output
Currently, the source code is not publicly available and it is possible that the implementation will be provided as a binary JAR only. That has two reasons. First, the implementation is just a prototype that was quickly hacked and the source code looks awful. Next (more importantly), it is better if the new implementation will be done from scratch without trying to copy/mimic design decisions made for the prototype.
Will be provided as a generated JavaDoc documentation.