Blank start page

Renoir III
2011-02-12
2013-06-03
  • Renoir III
    Renoir III
    2011-02-12

I installed the files as directed and get a blank (white) screen if I execute /index.php

• nabber00
    nabber00
    2011-02-12

That usually indicates an error when the PHP script executes. Edit
    scripts/sb_functions.php and set:

error_reporting( E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE );

This should provide more details as to what is actually causing the
    problem.

• syl wil
    syl wil
    2011-03-06

@nabber00
    I had the same problem as renoiriii, followed your instructions, and got the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: scandir() in MyServeur/MyBlogLocation/scripts/sb_sidebar.php on line 16

this php file (sb_sidebar) actually calls the function scandir() which doesn't seem to be defined,

so, any idea where to go next ?

Thx

• syl wil
    syl wil
    2011-03-06

Sorry,
    I found out that scandir was a php 5 function, which reminded me I had not set php5 on…
    solved (for me)

• slick nick
    slick nick
    2011-05-31

Can anyone tell me how to fix the following errors

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 80

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 166

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Config\Container.php on line 111

Warning: scandir(ROOT_DIR/scripts/plugins/sidebar/,ROOT_DIR/scripts/plugins/sidebar/) : The system cannot find the path specified. (code: 3) in C:\xampp\htdocs\sphpblog-0.7.0\scripts\sb_sidebar.php on line 16

Warning: scandir(ROOT_DIR/scripts/plugins/sidebar/) : failed to open dir: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\sphpblog-0.7.0\scripts\sb_sidebar.php on line 16

Warning: scandir() : (errno 2): No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\sphpblog-0.7.0\scripts\sb_sidebar.php on line 16

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\sphpblog-0.7.0\scripts\sb_sidebar.php on line 18

Warning: require_once(CLASSES_DIRfileio.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\sphpblog-0.7.0\scripts\sb_functions.php on line 63

Fatal error: require_once() : Failed opening required 'CLASSES_DIRfileio.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\sphpblog-0.7.0\scripts\sb_functions.php on line 63

• nabber00
    nabber00
    2011-05-31

It looks like the PEAR config.php file is getting loaded instead of the sphpblog config.php.  You might need to tweak your include_path:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.include-path