Requesting info about editing code

Anonymous
2011-01-06
2013-06-03

• Anonymous
    2011-01-06

Hello. I have recently started working with SPHP, and I've worked my way through it to conform it to my demands, as far as I could. There's just 2 minor things I'd like to get rid of, which are:

- The counter in the entry-headings that state the number of comments. I'm not supporting comments and it's not supposed to be anywhere in the near future, and all these (0)'s don't look good. I've been looking into some of the PHPcode, but my knowledge of it is insufficient to edit this counter out, since I don't know where to find it.

- The 'Page Generates in x.xxxx seconds' footer. Although I tried the 'no footer' that still gave the generation-info. I succeeded in making it hardly legible and small, but it's still there and I don't like that. Where is this piece of tekst hidden?

Thank you so much for this wonderful piece of code. Like it a lot. Just my PHPskills are not enough to customize freely.

• Anonymous
    2011-01-06

Ok, so I fixed the comment counter and the page generates info through editing the themes.php in the slick theme folder. Also, i added a {display:none} to the #footer declaration, which was the primary solutions to the second problem.

What I want done now is the 'Comments'-section after clicking a blogpost and the accompanying message 'Comments are not allowed…'. The source of the index-page says it is generated as a blog post and a blog date. How can I disable this entire section?

Regards,
    Bjorn.

• nabber00
    nabber00
    2011-01-11

You probably need to go into the themes.php file and edit that directly instead of using CSS.

• waebi
    waebi
    2011-03-07

In your theme.php file (probably in themes/default) modify line 405

<div id="footer"><?php echo($blog_config->getTag('BLOG_FOOTER')); ?> - <?php echo( page_generated_in() ); ?></div>
    to:
    <div id="footer"><?php echo($blog_config->getTag('BLOG_FOOTER')); ?></div>

and modify line 449 from:
    <div id="footer"><?php echo($blog_config->getTag('BLOG_FOOTER')); ?> - <?php echo( page_generated_in() ); ?></div>
    to:
    <div id="footer"><?php echo($blog_config->getTag('BLOG_FOOTER')); ?></div>

If you use another theme than "default", modify the theme.php file in your theme