can't install on mint debian

Help
Anonymous
2011-10-21
2013-01-13

• Anonymous
    2011-10-21

I am struggling to install simon on Mint LMDE. The build- script terminates as follows:

[ 28%] Building CXX object simonlib/simonsound/CMakeFiles/simonsound.dir/simonsound_automoc.o
    In file included from /home/eddie/Downloads/simon-0.3.0/build/simonlib/simonsound/moc_soundserver.cpp:10:0,
                     from /home/eddie/Downloads/simon-0.3.0/build/simonlib/simonsound/simonsound_automoc.cpp:5:
    /home/eddie/Downloads/simon-0.3.0/build/simonlib/simonsound/../../../simonlib/simonsound/soundserver.h:27:20: fatal error: qaudio.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [simonlib/simonsound/CMakeFiles/simonsound.dir/simonsound_automoc.o] Fehler 1
    make[1]: *** [simonlib/simonsound/CMakeFiles/simonsound.dir/all] Fehler 2
    make: *** [all] Fehler 2

I am a noob. therefore I apologise If there is an obvious solution for this problem. I have given google a hard time trying to find it but simply couldn't.

• Anonymous
    2011-10-23

After pulling sources from git I got a bit further:

Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/simontextmacrocommandplugin.so
    [ 86%] Built target simontextmacrocommandplugin
    [ 86%] Built target translations
    [ 86%] Built target translations
    [ 86%] Built target de-handbook
    [ 86%] Built target en-handbook
    [ 86%] Built target sam_automoc
    [ 86%] Building CXX object sam/src/CMakeFiles/sam.dir/sam_automoc.o
    In file included from /usr/include/qwt/qwt_plot.h:17:0,
                     from /home/eddie/simonsource/build/sam/src/ui_main.h:40,
                     from /home/eddie/simonsource/build/sam/src/../../../sam/src/samview.h:31,
                     from /home/eddie/simonsource/build/sam/src/moc_samview.cpp:10,
                     from /home/eddie/simonsource/build/sam/src/sam_automoc.cpp:7:
    /usr/include/qwt/qwt_array.h:25:23: fatal error: qmemarray.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [sam/src/CMakeFiles/sam.dir/sam_automoc.o] Fehler 1
    make[1]: *** [sam/src/CMakeFiles/sam.dir/all] Fehler 2
    make: *** [all] Fehler 2

And this is where and how it ends. Surely, it must be possible to install Simon on a Debian system. What am I doing wrong????

• Peter Grasch
    Peter Grasch
    2011-10-23

Hi!

What version of Qwt do you have installed? You need at least version 6 to use the current development version of simon.

Best regards,
    Peter

• Anonymous
    2011-10-23

Thanks for answering.  I have now installed Qwt and could finally build Simon. However, Phonon does not recognise my internal soundboard and insists on using the soundchip on my Radeon HD 2400 graphic board instead. Which is strange, since all other applications happily work with the internal soundboard. Not quite sure what to make of this and how to sort this out. Soundconfiguration is a universe I have never before attempted to explore….

• Peter Grasch
    Peter Grasch
    2011-10-27

If you are having problems with your audio setup, try the sound branch on git if you haven't already. It uses ALSA directly and works better in many cases.

Best regards,
    Peter

• Joaquin Bogado
    Joaquin Bogado
    2012-09-13

Theres no simple solution for this one. I 'm not a noob and can't compile either in Debian Wheezy. After solve some config dependencies for the configuration stage, the compilation stops suddenly at 28%. Fail to find qaudio.h. This file is installed by the package  qtmobility-dev but after install that package, the compilation fails in the same way. I use the ./build.sh script from version 0.3.0 of simon.
    If any of the developers knows a workaround, please let us know.
    Best regards.

• Joaquin Bogado
    Joaquin Bogado
    2012-09-13

Sorry about the previous message. I didn't see the answers in the search. However, installing the last  version of qwt (version 6 on the debian repos) don't solve the problem of qaudio.h. Any other solutions?

• Peter Grasch
    Peter Grasch
    2012-09-14

Simon 0.3.0 was released before QAudio (in fact all of QtMultimedia) was split from Qt itself into the then new library QtMobility. As part of this split some stuff was renamed and moved around.

There are two ways of working around this problem:
    1. Install the current Simon development version instead (https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/accessibility/simon/repository). (Unstable)

2. Patch your Simon 0.3.0 to reflect the changes in the dependency. This was done for the package for the newer Ubuntu versions as well. Have a look here: https://launchpad.net/~simon-listens/+archive/releases/+packages and download "simon_0.3.0-1ubuntu13.debian.tar.gz" (view package details). In the folder patches you can find various patches. debian-changes-0.3.0-1ubuntu3 was required for older versions of Ubuntu (something like 10.10 iirc), debian-changes-0.3.0-1ubuntu13 contains an additional changeset that seems to be required for 12.04+ - again IIRC.

Best regards,
    Peter