Abuse is a simple program that helps people fight spam. It will "read" any e-mail header you indicate, go on-line and check the various NICs, open relay DBs... prepare/send an email to the spammer's ISP in order for your voice to be heard.
We have released the the latest stable version of Abuse : Release version 188.8.131.52.
This version provides the initial support for multi-languages. Italian is the first translation provided. There were minor changes made to the user interface to account for the display of translated text.
There were minor immprovements to the user interface and minor bug fixes made in this release.
• Provide the user the means of adding abuse contacts that will be prevented from being saved in the abuse contact cache.
• Improved sleuthing of Korean ISP abuse contacts.
• Improved handling of ARIN subnets
• Fixed tossing of abuse contacts because the local part of the email address contained an RIR tag (i.e. RIPEfirstname.lastname@example.org)
• Fixed program hang from occuring when attempting to delete the only abuse contact for an IP address in the abuse contact cache.
• Fixed failing to send a lart to self when the Select Lart dialog wasn't used.