Help
Aneesh
2009-02-25
2013-05-20
  • Aneesh
    Aneesh
    2009-02-25

Hi,
      I would like to experiment with your toolkit for speech recognition (without having any background in using this toolkit ever before). I am having difficulty in even begining with this software (which I believe must be my fault in not being able to understand where to start)
    Except for the reference files that come with the code, I can find no other manual on how to start working with this toolkit.
    If you could please direct me with some example on working with this toolkit, I will greatly appreciate.

Regards

• Celsius813
      Celsius813
      2009-03-02

Hi,

if you take a look at the front page of the project (http://sp-tk.sourceforge.net/), I think developers made available a Reference Manual (pdf) and an "Examples for using SPTK" manual (pdf).

Hope it helps,

Regards

• Aneesh
      Aneesh
      2009-03-02

Hi,
         Thanks for your reply. I have taken a look at the reference manuals, but that is not what I was asking.
      The reference manuals (the big one) is like a Unix man page of all the commands (ok I should not call it a Unix man page, its definitely somewhat better .. ). What we get from this document is, how to use the commands and not how to use it as a software.
      And the example document, it is just too small+brief+thin to get a hang of anything .... just tooo small.

What I was looking for was, a manual or a similar document, showing some examples of how this set of tool is used in spech signal processing domain. I have been told, this toolkit is especially useful for speech recognition and speech synthesis and this is the exact purpose I would like to explore it.

Nonetheless, despite of the fact whether I can find such manual, there is no doubt, this toolkit is quite useful (and extensive) for signal processing in general.