Compare Latent Fingerprint

BinaryCode
2014-01-03
2014-01-03
  • BinaryCode
    BinaryCode
    2014-01-03

Hello Robert Vazan,

Thank you very much for great tools, to the point i don't have experience with fingerprint algorithms but i am interest to develop application that analyze/compare latent fingerprint with existing, assumption existing database template using your algorithm :

1. is possible compare latent finger print with existing database?
    2. What is score, and how to calculate it, what from score calculated? (I am sorry i don't have experience with fingerprint algorithms)

Regards
    B.C

• Robert Važan
    Robert Važan
    2014-01-03

Latent prints are supported, but SourceAFIS doesn't include any advanced tools like combining multiple latent prints or editing minutiae that are used in forensics.

Check out the tutorial and sample. They demonstrate basic matching techniques. Also check out Threshold property on AfisEngine object.

• BinaryCode
    BinaryCode
    2014-01-03

Hello Robert Vazan,

Thank you very much, another question:

i try compare image from fingerspot device, first image using PictureSampleHeight,PictureSampleWidth : (1640,2120), second image using (3280,4240) iam get score 14 this mean not same, question:

1. should have same w,h picture sample when compare two image, need adjust it?

Regards
    B.C

• Robert Važan
    Robert Važan
    2014-01-03

DPI must be configured properly, see Dpi property on AfisEngine. It must be set during template extraction.

Image size doesn't matter although SourceAFIS wasn't tested on such huge images. There might be some issues with large images.

Open the fingerprints in Fingerprint Analysis app and go through the layers. You will see which minutia have been detected and which ones have been matched.

• BinaryCode
    BinaryCode
    2014-01-03

Hello Robert Vazan,

Thank you very much for clear answer, i will investigate your source code

Regards
    B.C