Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

#115 Problems when encoding & in xml request

0.65
closed-duplicate
nobody
5
2007-10-02
2006-09-20
Anonymous
No

I have tried to use SOAP::Lite with EspaceNet's OPS
services (http://ops.espacenet.com). I have had a
script running for some times which integrated
perfectly with OPS, utilizing all the available request
types.

I have used the WSDL to integrate, letting SOAP::Lite
build the envelopes and handle connections, etc.

When OPS upgraded last week, the new version of my
script stopped working. After spending a long time
trying to debug, I found that the new version of my
script (which I had build for the new version of OPS)
would run fine of Windows with ActiveState perl and
their version of SOAP::Lite, but not on Linux or Mac OS X.

After more debugging time, I noticed that the requests
generated on linux/mac were different from those on
windows - the difference being the when I had """
in my request, on linux it would be changed to
""" -- obviously causing the request to fail.

Today I tried copying my requests into a python script
- and had it up and running in less than 10 minuttes.
We have now moved our scripts to python, but I thought
I would let you know that there is a problem using
SOAP::Lite (at least with the OPS services).

Discussion

  • Logged In: YES
    user_id=512911

    This is a duplicate of the ticket number 1533836, which has
    a patch to fix the problem.

     
  • John D
    John D
    2006-10-02

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=978068

    This may be related to the bug we discovered today. If the
    string containing "&" also contained "http://" then this
    happens. Please see request: 1569418 for a fix.

     
  • Martin Kutter
    Martin Kutter
    2007-10-02

    • assigned_to: byrnereese --> nobody
    • status: open --> closed-duplicate