How do I install Snowmix

Anonymous
2014-05-22
2014-05-22

• Anonymous
    2014-05-22

How do I install this software? Is there any hardware required and can it install to a desktop PC?

• Hi ??

There is a README file with the source distribution specifiying to go to this page here for instructions on installing Snowmix.

Assuming you have Ubuntu Linux you basically you unpack Snowmix and cd into Snowmix-0.4.3 and run the following commands

$ ./bootstrap
      $ ./configure
      $ make
      $ sh scripts/demo

Other distros of Linux is beginning to be supported as well and from 0.4.4 not yet released, full support for Mac OS X is as well.

So yes, it can run on a desktop PC. Does not run on Windows. For that you need to run Linux in a virtual machine. Done that for years on a Mac.

Hardware requirements depends on your target mixer geometry, frame rate and what you want to do with the mixed video. What do you have in mind and what hardware do you have ?

Best regards
      Peter

• Anonymous
    2014-05-22

I have a regular HP Desktop Computer. When I couldn't figure out what to do I wondered if I need some type of video mixer to go along with this software. I think I'm a little over my head with this one. I'm use to just hitting a run button and a software installs. Not really understanding how to put commands in or what Ubuntu Linux is

• Right. You probably use Windows and as such Snowmix may not be a fit for you.

Snowmix is a tool rather than a complete application. As such, using a tool require training to make it useful and it doesn't sounds like that is what you are looking for. Maybe another time, but thanks for the interest.

Best regards
      Peter

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments