Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Continue a remote session

Help
David Reed
2006-02-21
2013-05-30
  • David Reed
    David Reed
    2006-02-21

I've been searching far and wide for the solution to this problem, any help here will be greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to share a session between two different sites that are on the same domain. Site 1 contains a customer login system, Site 2 is an eCommerce site. Site 2 pulls in a lot of content from site 1 (page layout, header, footer etc.), including a little login box that indicates whether your logged in or not.

So I need to grab content from site 1 whilst maintaining it's session, and this is where I'm stumped! I've tried getting the session id from site 1 into site 2, now thats fine, but each time I grab content from site 1 a new session is created, and if I pass the session id from site 2 back into site 1 and try to force the session_id(), the site hangs and eventually times out. So it appears that you can't use session_id() on a remote script.

Now it seems to me that snoopy could me with this problem, but I've no idea how! I've toyed around a bit but can't seem to find a solution! Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this problem?

• Anonymous
    2011-05-30

I'd appreciate you to share the solution.

I don't even know how you create-grab-pass a session ID so my script could be seen as "logged-in" by the remote provider.

Thanks.