For the next release of snappix maybe we could do some of the following:
1. Add some sample scientific analysis with python and the new modules that Edwin included.
2. right a doc for it similar to what I did for the text editor
3. Add the docs for matplotlib, numarray, and Numeric from the website
3. Email some authors that have written tutorials for swt and ask for permission to include them in snappix
I could do 1. and 2., and I'll probably have to anywas. But of course adding anything depends on Edwin. (BTW, the last release was really great!)
It's ok with me. Lenny and I were talking the other day and we thought on doing something similar to #2 and #3. I th
ink adding tutorials to SNAPPIX is a great idea, specially if it's going to be used on some of the courses in the university. So, your ideas get my vote.
"BTW, the last release was really great!"
Of course it is, I made it!
Just kidding. It's the ideas like this that everyone comes up with for SNAPPIX that makes it better and better every time.
' I could do 1. and 2., and I'll probably have to anywas. '
How right you are! :-)
Just kidding, Cesar. The task falls on your shoulders because the rest of us are really out of our depth writing example scientific analysis apps, not because we are just pushing them on you out of malice.
Here is a list of what I remember you guys started working on:
1) Javier is doing a Python sample app
2) Manuel is doing C# with Mono
3) Pedro is doing ???
4) Cesar is doing Python scientific analysis type stuff
5) Edwin, do you want to do some samples? or is your plate full with SNAPPIX builds and package maintenance?
6) Lenny - do you think you could write a sample app? or are you too busy at the moment? let us know!
7) Ernesto - could you write a sample PHP app?
8) I'm doing a sample Weather.com AJAX-enabled client app with servlets, JSP, and DWR
I'm gonna be working on the Google maps thing. Hint: XUL + Google Maps. Lenny came up with a kickass idea last night and we started to talk about it, eventually we came up with something we think is gonna be pretty cool AND our ticket to the Google Headquarters, Bwuahahaha.
Heh heh, go for it, dudes!
You hear that Lenny? Let's keep working on this thing, it's our Golden Ticket to the chocola.....errr, Google Labs!
Kevin W. Shockey
Great news, keep reaching out and attempting the impossible. I like it!
Hey, what's the status of the XUL thing? Is there an alpha we could look at?
Sorry. There's no alpha or anything. Just a bunch of ideas yet to be implemented. I will start working on it next week. I've been very busy with my Ethics class and the trainings, I have very little time. Actually, I don't have time at all, I usually spend about 12 hours in the university between the training and the class, that's if I'm lucky and the professor let's us go early, worst case scenario is 14 hours.
"Atempting the impossible" LMAO .... impossible is a relative word ...did you know that? :P sorry for the late read/post. MAN I can't get this thread monitored :( .But yeah Im in a 24/7 research mode to make that app happen. We'll prob release some variations of it cuzz man we are in a creative role wooooo..we'll see what works best..Edwin has been busy with his classes, the release, setting things up for the java trainning, man this guy is a machine. Thanks man for setting the software for us to work every single day of te trainning Thanks!! We'll catch up on the app and make this happen as soon as classes get started...This week has been HELL. :D
These are my ideas for future development
1)If PJ gets merged snapplatform with the guys doc app we met at oscon would save us a L-O-T of time in the docs area since it pretty much adds references to most of the tools that has being added to snapplatform/snappix..not to mention the robust it would be.
2)I would like to see more customization of the toolkit. . . More integration of the tools with eclipse's IDE. (in research)
Would like to see the different tools subdivided into workspaces that the user could use ....flexibilty to integrate one with the other. . . from the moment they launch the app. . .
3) Im really looking forward to the windows release. . . that would be a plus if we achieve it in the actual life of the project...but certainly I consider it a good goal for proposals about extension of the proyect.