Banksy
2010-07-27
2013-05-23
  • Banksy
    Banksy
    2010-07-27

Hi Guys,

Firstly I wanted to congratulate you on designing a create tool

I have a quick question on the "Security Patch State" tab under "Inventory Actions".

When I click on Show Patch State I believe it looks at Windows update and sees what patches are installed and missing.  IN addition to this, is it possible to have a seperate action that shows the patch state from the SCCM Management servers?

In other words, I want to know which patches are missing that have been approved by the SCCM team in the SCCM Management DB and not just a blanket scan of missing patches from Windows/MS Update.

Thanks,
    Graham

• skissinger
    skissinger
    2010-07-27

I don't know the code behind that option, but what I do is run the report from my SRS under "Security Updates - Compliance", "Compliance 6 - Specific Computer"

• Banksy
    Banksy
    2010-07-27

Thanks for the quick response skissinger.

We do use that report as an operational task within the core team.

We would use this feature in the SCCM Client Center tool to enable our Level 1 and 2 teams to use a single application that can help troubleshoot SCCM issues.  Having this option available would reduce their need to go to other sources to gather additional information.

• Banksy
    Banksy
    2010-09-07

Any further suggestions on this?

Just to summarize the requirement again.  Is it possible for the SCCM Client Center tool to have a function that shows the missing/installed patches that are approved on the SCCM server as well as those on Windows Update.?

Thanks,
    Graham

• Banksy
    Banksy
    2010-09-07

I've opened up a feature request.  If needed, this post can be closed.