Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

SCCM Client Component Status

Ryan
2013-04-02
2013-05-23
  • Ryan
    Ryan
    2013-04-02

We are having issues where serveral of our computers have the SMS Software Updates Agent showing as FALSE in the client center.  When I run the following PowerShell script on a machine that is showing status as FALSE, the output from the script comes back as TRUE. 

Get-WmiObject -ComputerName $strComputer -Namespace "root\ccm\policy\machine\RequestedConfig" -Class "CCM_SoftwareUpdatesClientConfig" | Select Enabled

Am I using the wrong class?  What code is being used to report the status of the component?  I want to write a script that goes against a collection that shows machines where this is disabled.

The fix so far is to repair WMI and the SCCM client.

• Roger
    Roger
    2013-04-04

When you check the source code of Client Center (Line 354): http://sccmclictrlib.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/22864#59023

WMIProvider oProv = new WMIProvider(oWMIProvider.mScope.Clone());
                    oProv.mScope.Path.NamespacePath = @"root\ccm\policy\machine\ActualConfig";
                    ManagementObject MO = oProv.GetObject("CCM_SoftwareUpdatesClientConfig.SiteSettingsKey=1");
                    if (!bool.Parse(MO.GetPropertyValue("Enabled").ToString()))
                    {
                        return true;
                    }
                    return false;

I see that Client Center does check a different Namespace: root\ccm\policy\machine\ActualConfig
    maybe you have some orphaned entries in this Namespace… ?!

Regards

Roger