Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Recreating wmi across multiple systems

Mark
2011-11-09
2013-05-23
  • Mark
    Mark
    2011-11-09

Hello all, first time poster here.  I used the SCCM Client Center to recreate the wmi on an SCCM client that was reporting it had downloaded a Secuirty update, but didn't install it.  I was wondering if there is a way to run the Recreate Repository across multiple systems at once.  I have roughly 300 systems that are having the same issue and using this fix on them indivudually is going to take a very long time.  Even if it's a different utility or a paid license version of this one.

• Roger
    Roger
    2011-11-09

You can use the Collection Commander Tool <https://sourceforge.net/projects/smscollctr/> to start a WMI Repair or to delete the ccm namespace on a list of computers…

• Mark
    Mark
    2011-11-09

A couple questions:  Will this work with SCCM 2007?  And when I went to install it, I got the message the installation is not supported on this processor type.  I'm using a dell worksation with a Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160.  Is this a package that can only be installed on a server?

• Roger
    Roger
    2011-11-10

The Tool is designed for SCCM2007… it will not work with CM2012. It sound for me that you are trying to install the x64 version on a x86 Operating System… ?  There are two versions in the download section. You should also install the latest update from: <http://smscollctr.sourceforge.net/update/>

• Mark
    Mark
    2011-11-11

I was able to get the Collection utility installed.  I'm only seeing how to do the wmi repair from this tool.  The Recreate Repository tool from the Client Center is what has resolved my issue.  I was hoping I could run that across a whole collection at once instead of having to pull up every client individually.  Is it possible to run the code out of the Recreate Repository tool as a vbs or batch that I can deploy as a software distribution?