Use case for this is: I can change the file currently playing only using the mouse. I use this very often in zoom player, and find it extremely convenient.
How to use it:
1. Use the key to bring it up (currently return which has a conflict with dvd_menu), it will show up in the area over the video showing all files in the current folder.
2. Browse through the file system to select the next file. Supported browsing methods: Arrows up and Down, Page Up & Down, Mouse wheel up and down. Backspace to move one directory up.
3. Select the next file to play, either with Return, middle mouse click or double click on an item.
Some current troubles:
- How to catch resize events
- Why it does not appear at the right spot if the player is small
Anyway, this version is by far not final, but I was hoping for some input. It mainly lacks translations, preferences, some skinning and maybe some refactoring.
What do you think about it? I noticed that while it fits very well in zoom player, the concept is quite different than those used in smplayer. Would something like this be included?