SMPlayer is a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters, edl lists, and more.
Most important changes since 0.5.62:
* Added support for pls playlist files.
* Better accuracy on subtitle selection. Fixes problems with mp4 embedded
subtitles. Requires mplayer svn r25158 or above.
* Now the screensaver and powersave on Windows is really turned off, even on
* The cache setting is independent for each type of media.
* Added an option which allows to fix the problem of loud volume on startup
(requires a patched mplayer).
* (Windows) The file associations code has been improved. Now it should work
better in Windows Vista as well as other versions of Windows.
* New option Video->Add black borders, which replaces the letterbox options
in Video->Aspect ratio.
* (Windows) Work-around for a mplayer bug: now filenames with characters
outside the local codepage can be opened, by passing to mplayer the short
version of the filename. This can be enabled in Preferences->Advanced.
* Now the H.264 loop filter can be disabled for High Definition videos only
(720p and above).
* Possibility to update the video while dragging the time slider.
* New icons for the default theme.
* SSA/ASS subtitles can also be resized during playback. Requires at least
* Now it's possible to zoom out the video image.
* New Help->About dialog.
* New option Help->FAQ which will show the FAQ.
* Bugfix: the colorkey is passed properly to mplayer.
* Added the Finnish and the Korean translations.