Confusing project description

Website
2005-10-31
2013-04-08
  • The project description gives the impression that SmartWin++ might be Java.  I understand "template library" might be sufficient clue for some, but I think it should be more user-friendly. At a minimum, it should contain a few important keywords currently missing in the description.

Here's one example of what can be done to include important keywords (c++, widgets, gui toolkit, windows, mfc...).

CURRENT:
    Project description: SmartWin++ a template library written to give the flexibility of the Windows API and the ease of Java, without the hassle and lack of typesafety that MFC/WTL delivers. A flexible, expandable abstraction of the Windows API (formerly Win32 API).

SUGGESTED:
    Project description: SmartWin++ is a GUI toolkit designed as a modern C++ template library that: abstracts Windows API & widgets; supports typesafety & exceptions; produces smaller binaries than MFC; and is high-performance. 

BTW, are there any time estimates on when the RAII class  or the fix to the AddressBook example will be available for testing?  I currently utilize grids/listviews so I'm eager to see that bugfix before porting existing apps over to SmartWin++.

ps

I'm glad you went with 'pure BSD' instead of my modified BSD draft.  The new license offers more than I require and for that, I'm very grateful.