Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

New seeking help

drakken20
2009-05-22
2013-04-08
  • drakken20
    drakken20
    2009-05-22

Hi, my name is John and I am new to c++ programming. I have installed smartwin and have it working fine. I can make windows with menus and textboxes that update with button click and so forth.

However, I am having problems getting beyond that. I am trying to make my app parse an xml document and update the app.

Does anyone have an example of this, or could point me in the right direction?

I have scoured the site looking for tutorials, but didn't find one.

It is my ignorance I am sure, but I learn very well with seeing it.

Many thanks for any help you may give, and maybe with more time, I'll be pretty good.

Regards,
    John

• Thomas Hansen
      Thomas Hansen
      2009-05-25

Hi John, there are few good tutorials about SmartWin++ unfortunately. Though there is an XML library (a pretty small one) built-in which are used in the SmartSOAP parts. It's called SmartXML. And you can load up XML documents and parse them using that.

I think there should be lots of code in several of the samples at least demonstrating usage of SmartSOAP, though probably not SmartXML directly...