From: Alexander Shaduri <ashaduri@gm...> - 2011-06-12 08:37:47
I'm not sure if it's OK to send this kind of release announcements
here, but it's been a year and a half since the last release, so
I'll take the risk. :)
GSmartControl - Hard disk drive health inspection tool
(a graphical user interface for smartctl)
Version 0.8.6 released on 2011-06-12.
- Support detecting drives behind 3ware controllers (Linux, Windows),
including tw_cli/cx/px mode in Windows. Having tw_cli is recommended
but not required.
- Added support for specifying -d option and extra parameters via
command line, "Add Device" and "Preferences" dialogs. This change
effectively adds full support for multiple drives behind a single device name.
- Beesu and su-to-root are supported by gsmartcontrol-root script now.
- Completely revamped the attribute database and its handling, should
be a lot more usable and forward-compatible now; SSD attributes are
- In-program help has been expanded considerably.
- General improvements to user interface have been implemented
(better GNOME HIG compliance, better tooltips, dialogs, etc...).
- Added ability to show smartctl output for devices whose info could not
be parsed fully.
- Attributes in "brief" format are supported now.
- The parser has been updated to reflect the recent changes in smartctl.
- Quit and rescan operations are no longer denied without confirmation
when tests are running.
- The Windows NSIS installer has been vastly improved.
- Better support for Windows Vista and 7.
- Changed copyright notices for files with Whatever License to use Unlicense.
- Added other minor features and fixed quite a few bugs.
Also, the Windows version now includes smartctl and update-smart-drivedb.exe
from smartmontools 5.41.
I'd like to say HUGE thanks to Tom H. Lautenbacher, Vassilis Voreopoulos,
Christian Franke (and the smartmontools team) and all the others who made
this release possible.
I'd also like to thank 3ware for donating a piece of hardware so that
GSmartControl could support it. Thank you all!
From: Christian Franke <Christian.F<ranke@t-...> - 2011-06-12 12:07:12
Alexander Shaduri wrote:
> Hello all!
> I'm not sure if it's OK to send this kind of release announcements
> here, but it's been a year and a half since the last release, so
> I'll take the risk. :)
Of course it's OK :-)
I added a News entry to smartmontools home page.
Thanks for the new release,