From: Bruce Allen <ballen@gr...> - 2002-11-08 11:09:57
Release Name: 5.0-32
Notice: the Status of this release is "Experimental". I will remove this
notice after a reasonable number of people have downloaded and tried the
package and there have been no signs of problems.
The RPM files now contain additional International Support (Portuguese,
French, Spanish, German, Polish). If there is trouble with this, please
let me know.
- Added manual page smartd.conf.5 for configuration file.
- smartctl: Missing ANSI prototype in failuretest(); fixed.
- smartctl: Checksum warnings now printed on stdout, or are silent,
depending upon -q and -Q settings.
- Changed Makefile so that the -V option does not reflect file state
- smartctl: added new options -W, -U, and -P to control if and how the
smartctl exits if an error is detected in either a SMART data
structure checksum, or a SMART command returns an error.
- modified manual page to break options into slightly more logical
- reformatted 'usage' message order to agree with man page ordering
- modified .spec file so that locale information now contains
character set definition. Changed pt_BR to pt since we do not use any
aspect other than language. See man setlocale.
- smartctl: added new options -n and -N to force device to be ATA or SCSI
- smartctl: no longer dies silently if device path does not start/dev/X
- smartctl: now handles arbitrary device paths
- Modified .spec file and Makefile to make them more compliant with
the "right" way of doing things.