From: Guy Berliner <guy@su...> - 2001-08-05 08:46:52
So I installed the latest slash-2.0.0 on my apache 1.3.19
server. Set up the httpd.conf to Include the slash.conf.
I noticed and found it very peculiar that the latter
contains no "PerlModule Slash::Apache" statement. How on
earth is this supposed to work? Or are we just supposed to
know to include this line ourselves?
Anyways, it seems to start up ok. Slash connects to mysql
and there's no evident problems. But try to load any
webpage in the DocumentRoot, and my httpd dies with a
segmentation fault, signal 11. Waaaaah!
It's real hard to know where to go with this, as there's
no further info in the logs. I added some print statements
to index.pl that I output to a tmp file, to see if the
thing runs, and if it bombs out at any point. It runs.
It gets all the way to the end of &main just fine. (It
just doesn't display anything, because httpd bombs out.)
This seems somewhat similar to a problem reported about
a month ago by ben h kram in his post:
(But there were no followups to his post.)
I'm hoping against hope someone might have some fruitful
suggestions for me. My configuration is very plain, vanilla,
RedHat 7.1, running on a Pentium. (The only thing perhaps
unusual is the small amount of physical memory on the
machine, only 32M. I was getting "Out of memory" errors
from the kernel, killing mysqld. I fixed them by adding
more swap. I'll be setting up a machine with more memory
shortly, but I thought I could get things up and running
on this old box first.)