When the editors submit a story a process should check
for obvious dupes. The quickest way to check for dupes
is to compare external links. So when the editor
submits a story for posting the following should occur:
1) Any external links included in the sumamry should be
2) The strings containing those external links should
be compared against the summaries from the last few days.
3) If no matches are found, the posting process should
continue as usual
4) If matches are found, the editor should be presented
with a warning that those links were used in other
stories, including a link to that story, it's title,
and which of the links were used.
5) The editor should be presented with the option to
post the story anyways.
The administrator should also be able to disable this