I just wanted to say thanks for the work so far in porting this to linux and releasing it all for free. I've just been able to get it running in Debian sarge.
I haven't managed to compile it, although I think that's mostly because I haven't had the time to collect together and figure out everything that's currently needed for compilation. I have managed to install the binaries, however.
For the record, I used 'alien' to convert the .rpm's for libborqt and skychart to .deb files. Then I installed the .deb's as usual and it all seems to be working nicely.
I'm looking forward to experimenting with it further.