Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Libpurpose OSC integration

Developers
Anonymous
2011-02-09
2013-03-28

• Anonymous
    2011-02-09

Hello!
    I am working on a prototype and wanted to hook it to communicate with OSC server in the same manner as pidgin does with sipe plugin except I would like to consume the guts minus GUI.
    I was curious how trivial in your opinion that would be?
    Does sipe require pigin headers to be close by (or in other words does it depend on any of the pidgin content or its derivatives?
    Help on this topic is going to be very appreciated.
    Thank you

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2011-02-09

The core code is not yet free from calls to the libpurple API. If you want to compile the source code inside your system, then you'll have to provide the libpurple-compatible headers and adapters for the used libpurple API calls.

Another option is the approach used by telepathy-haze: write an adapter that uses the libpurple client API. Then you'll be able to use all libpurple protocol plugins with your system without compiling them.

• i want to use ocs module of pidgin-sipe , anybody please suggest me on this . i want to develop application in iphone using pidgin-sipe ocs part.

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2011-02-23

pidgin-sipe code is licensed under GPLv2+. You won't be able to use the code in an iOS app if you plan to use Apple's App Store for distribution (see f.ex. what happened to the VLC app at the beginning of 2011).

• I am not going to distribute in app store , I need OCS registration part only . Since  pidgin-sipe is written in C language I can port that code in iOS also . I downloaded pidgin-sipe source code but I am not able to find OCS registration module . Could you please help me or provide any documentation kind of thing for reference.

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2011-02-24

Please remember that your code needs to be GPLv2+ licensed if you copy code from pidgin-sipe. This is independent from the fact that GPL licensed code is rejected by Apple for the App Store.

Sorry, but I don' understand what you mean by "OCS registration module". I would suggest reading the code or the specifications (SIP , , , , Kerberos , just to name a few).

• Anonymous
    2011-02-25

Thank you for the answer. As an original person that posted the question. I was wonderin (To: stefanb2) is there an sample code (perhaps something in test environment that you use for sipe?) that I could inherit to look at how it is used?

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2011-02-25

There is no secret code (at least I don't have any), everything there is is in the git repository.

For an example how to integrate libpurple (and all its protocol plugins, like pidgin-sipe) into another messaging framework, I would suggest to look at the telepathy-haze source code.

• Anonymous
    2011-02-28

Thanks! Also how about nullclient example?

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2011-03-01

If I were you, I would stop spamming.

$ gcc $(pkg-config purple --cflags) -o nullclient nullclient.c $(pkg-config purple --libs)
    $ ./nullclient </dev/null 2>/dev/null | fgrep Office
            9: Office Communicator

Seems to work as expected.

• Anonymous
    2011-03-02

My apologies certainly was not the intend. Since this topic kind of over grew into something different, I figured I split the threads, but whatever works. Thanks for your help!

• Anonymous
    2011-03-03

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but one more follow up question, and more specific:
    So I have built pidgin (with libpurple, that has nullclient), and I have separately built sipe library.
    Does the order matter? What is the principal for libpurple to pickup its protocol plugins? Based on what? I guess I am trying to understand when the list of supported protocols/plug-ins is being compiled how does sipe appears?

• ramya
    ramya
    2011-03-28

Hi…Am new to tis pidgin sipe.You have mentioned that you  have separately built sipe library.Can u explain how you did that?