Sparhawk
2013-12-02
2014-01-04
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Sparhawk
    Sparhawk
    2013-12-02

Hi,

since version 1.17.0 (tryed 1.17.1/2 as well) I have blank buddy list.
    My account is office 365 (lync 2013)
    With version 1.16.1 its ok..
    Is there a way how to make newest version work?

And Im on pidgin 2.10.7

I added debug log from 1.16.1 and 1.17.2.

Thanks

Last edit: Sparhawk 2013-12-02
    Attachments
  • Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-12-02

The logs are useless, because you didn't run Pidgin with --debug.

1.17.x added UCS support, which is a new Lync 2013 feature. Your buddy list has already been migrated to UCS. Fetching the buddy list from UCS takes quite a while, as SIPE needs to find your EWS server and then retrieve it from there. So it can take 1-2 minutes before the buddies go from offline to their correct states.

• Sparhawk
    Sparhawk
    2013-12-02

well sry about that logs.. now its the new one..
    I tryed running it for 5 mins, as you can see in the log, but still my buddy list is empty... I can see groups, but with count 0/0.
    Any suggestion? I can run 1.16.1, but I dont wanna miss any new feature in the future and I have office 365 account so dont know why 1.17.x doesnt work for me :(

Attachments
    • Stefan Becker
      Stefan Becker
      2013-12-03

The log shows that the buddy list is successfully retrieved from EWS, but somehow parsing of the buddies fails. I'll have to study why when I have more time.

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-12-03

Thank you M$, again, for your shitty protocols.

In your installation the key entry for a persona has the text Kontakty Lyncu in the XML, whereas SIPE code looks for Lync Contacts. I'll have to identify another way to extract this mandatory information from the GetImItemListResponse.

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-12-03

Fixed in git commit 8763852. With this change in place the buddy list still works OK on my Office365 Lync 2013 test account.

I provided a pre-compiled libsipe.dll for Windows for you to test.

• Sparhawk
    Sparhawk
    2013-12-03

Thanks for trying, but even after replace that dll that you compiled for me, it doesnt work.. Added new log for you.

Attachments
  • Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-12-03

Sorry, I just noticed I compiled and uploaded the wrong code without the fix. Please download the file again. To verify here is the SHA1 checksum of the correct file

$ strings pidgin-sipe-1.17.2/src/core/libsipe.dll | fgrep "IsQuick"
    IsQuickContact

$ sha1sum pidgin-sipe-1.17.2/src/core/libsipe.dll
    3d5dec4bd53170764b108466f0c90b835a8d9f19  pidgin-sipe-1.17.2/src/core/libsipe.dll

Sorry for the confusion.

• Sparhawk
    Sparhawk
    2013-12-03

Hi, thanks! now buddy list works great, but there is a new "bug".
    If someone (even if hes on my buddy list) write me.. I cant see his actual name..

example:

with version 1.16.1 If someone from buddy list contact me, I can see name like Michael Kucera

but now with 1.17.2 I see only sip:michael.kucera@nwt.cz

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-12-03

No idea.

But your log shows that (IMHO) your UCS list had several errors. I would delete all your buddies and then re-add them with SIPE.

• Sparhawk
    Sparhawk
    2013-12-03

ok, after delete all my contacts and add all my contacts via sipe, its ok now :) thanks for help...

• Sparhawk
    Sparhawk
    2013-12-04

well just reverted to 1.16.1 again, cause most of my contacts are offline, even if they are online.

Attachments
  • Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-12-04

The log shows that your UCS list still has errors, namely that ImAdress nodes contain URI's with sip: prefix. I've changed SIPE to accept URIs with or without prefix now: git commit c095335 (libsipe.dll)

• Sparhawk
    Sparhawk
    2013-12-04

well is there a way to really clean UCS list? I mean that way, that there will be no errors...

• Stefan Becker
      Stefan Becker
      2013-12-04

Your original UCS list had the same key for multiple entries. I can only guess that when you deleted all buddies those duplicate entries still existed.

The only idea I have is to delete all buddies and groups you created (e.g. you can't delete "Favorites"). Then restart Pidgin to see if this uncovers "hidden" buddies that you can delete again. In the end the --debug log should show that GetImItemResponse does not contain any Persona nodes.

But with git commit c095335 your current UCS list should work anyway.

• Bob
    Bob
    2013-12-05

I'm having a similar issue where I can connect, but my contacts do not appear. From the debugs, I can see that the EWS is being redirected from my actual email address to include "service". SIPE 1.17.2 doesn't seem to be able to handle the redirect. If I try to use the redirected address, it fails due to cert provisioning.

MESSAGE START <<<<<<<<<< HTTP - 2013-12-05T01:56:20.310253Z
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Cache-Control: private
    Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
    X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
    Persistent-Auth: true
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 01:56:19 GMT
    Content-Length: 400

<Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006"> <Response xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/responseschema/2006a"> <Account> <Action>redirectAddr</Action> <RedirectAddr>rseibert@service.asdf.net</RedirectAddr> </Account> </Response> </Autodiscover> MESSAGE END <<<<<<<<<< HTTP - 2013-12-05T01:56:20.310253Z 17:56:20: (GLib): (17:56:20) sipe: ucs_ews_autodiscover_cb: can't detect EWS URL, contact list operations will not work! 17:56:20: (Libpurple: sipe) ucs_ews_autodiscover_cb: can't detect EWS URL, contact list operations will not work!

• Stefan Becker
      Stefan Becker
      2013-12-05

Hi Bob,

I'm guessing that you removed the XML from the message you posted here, because I can only find this. Please create a feature request ticket and quote the whole Auto-discover exchange from the log there. Please make sure to obfuscate any "Authentication: Basic XXXXX" lines to hide your password,

• Stefan Becker
        Stefan Becker
        2013-12-05

Hi Bob (again)

please go to the Advanced tab of the account setting and enter rseibert@service.asdf.net in the field Email address. Then the redirected address will be used for the EWS auto-discover.

• Stefan Becker
      Stefan Becker
      2014-01-04

Bob: it would be nice if you could give feedback on feature request #71.

• Bob
    Bob
    2013-12-05

There is not an "Advanced" tab for the plugin in Adium.

• Stefan Becker
      Stefan Becker
      2013-12-05

I think it's called "Options". It is the one where you set e.g. the user agent string.

• Bob
    Bob
    2013-12-05

Tried that, but still see the same issue.

• Stefan Becker
      Stefan Becker
      2013-12-05

Can you provide an Adium debug log when you have set "Email address" to the redirected address "rseibert@service.asdf.net"?

• Bob
    Bob
    2013-12-05

Attaching the log

Attachments
    • Stefan Becker
      Stefan Becker
      2013-12-05

Thanks for the log. Are you sure you set the text field Email address: to rseibert@service.juniper.net? Because the log says that the email address is not set when the plugin is initialized.

Please make sure to check also Adium's accounts.xml. Does it contain

<setting name='email' type='string'>...</setting>

with the value you set in the UI?

If possible please also make sure to compile the latest SIPEAdiumPlugin code, because there have been a lot of improvements in it.

If you are sure you did the setting correctly, then I can only guess that something is wrong with the Adium plugin account setting code. You should raise open a bug ticket for that.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)