SIPE plugin 1.11.0 for Windows, old version download available?

Help
Jay
2013-04-24
2013-04-24
  • Jay
    Jay
    2013-04-24

My company uses LCS 2005 and we have windows messenger 5.1 working on Windows 7 but there's a serious issue with lag when you try to restore a minimized chat window. Everything else seems to work fine but it's a huge annoyance. I found Pidgin and SIPE and it seems to work much better. However, I am getting the "not delivered" errors that I've read about here. I read one comment that said version 1.11.0 of SIPE does not have this issue. Is the windows previous version 1.11.0 available for download somewhere?

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-04-24

OCS2005 is broken. Compile the code with the OCS2005 message hack flag to get rid of the message.

• Jay
    Jay
    2013-04-24

Are there instructions on how to do that? I don't know how to compile code but I'm an IT hardware guy so I know my way around computers. If I could have some direction, I may be able to make it happen. Thanks Stefan.

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-04-24

Download the source and follow the instructions in contrib/mingw-cross-compile/README.txt. That's how I create release packages.

You can of course also try the route via the Windows Pidgin build instructions.

• Jay
    Jay
    2013-04-24

Thanks. I don't have a linux box so I guess that's out :( You don't have it already compiled by chance and could send it to me?

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-04-24

If you don't use stone age HW and have a decent network connection simply do this:

• download BFO DVD/CD ISO
    • start your Virtual machine manager of choice
    • create a VM: x86_64, Linux, 10GB disk, network connection, boot from the above .iso
    • start the machine and wait until you see installation menu
    • select "Fedora 18 x86_64" and run the installation with the defaults (which will give you a GNOME desktop)
    • login and off you go...