Help
pbouchand
2013-04-04
2014-03-03
  • pbouchand
    pbouchand
    2013-04-04

Hello,

I'm trying to do a test call and all I get is "Error occured, Unable to establish a call,
    500 Internal Server Error".

What looks like a smoking gun in pidgin --debug is:
    ms-diagnostics: 24014;Component="RTCC/4.0.0.0_ATS/1.0.100";Reason="An internal media error occurred";Source="-----net"

I can send the full log by mail.

I use pidgin 2.10.5-1.fc17 and pidgin-sipe 1.15.0, running on Fedora 17.

This is the first time I try to do a test call, so I have no idea if it was working with previous pidgin-sipe release.

Note also that I cannot do voice call any more :
    - If I try to ring a window lync client, nothing happens on the window side
    - If a window lync client rings me, the voice conversation is closed as soon as I accept it.

This was working few weeks ago with pidgin-sipe-1.14, but I cannot say it started to fail with 1.15. IMHO, it is more likely changes on server side

I'm still able to send and receive text messages.

Any clues on what could be wrong ?

Thanks.

Last edit: pbouchand 2013-04-04
    • Jakub Adam
      Jakub Adam
      2013-04-05

Hi,

this is really insufficient information, please send me the full log at jakub dot adam at ktknet dot cz.

• pbouchand
        pbouchand
        2013-04-08

This is done. I sent it.

• pbouchand
        pbouchand
        2013-04-08

I think I found what was wrong in my config. I had a virbr0 network interface (to work with qemu). Disabling it made the test call worked fine.

Thanks and sorry for the noise...

• pbouchand
    pbouchand
    2013-04-04

Testing on a Fedora 18, I get a SIGSEGV with the trace attached to this message.

• Jakub Adam
    Jakub Adam
    2013-04-05

The root cause seems to be that Pidgin couldn't find nicesrc and nicesink GStreamer elements that are needed for the setup of the multimedia pipeline:

(17:15:41) backend-fs2: Could not set transmitter nice: Could not create the nicesrc element.
    (17:15:41) backend-fs2: Error creating the stream.
    (17:15:41) media: Error adding stream.

I see the required libraries in this fc18 rpm. To check whether the elements are present, use gst-inspect-0.10. You should be seeing something like this on correct setup:

haakon@rangaroke:~$ gst-inspect-0.10 nice
    Plugin Details:
      Name:             nice
      Description:      Interactive UDP connectivity establishment
      Filename:         /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-0.10/libgstnice.so
      Version:          0.1.2
      License:          LGPL
      Source module:    libnice
      Binary package:   libnice
      Origin URL:       http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/

nicesrc: ICE source
      nicesink: ICE sink

2 features:
      +-- 2 elements

Nevertheless, SIPE should not crash in such a situation, I can simulate this by renaming libgstnice.so on my machine so I'll try to fix this when I'll have access to my testing environment.

• pbouchand
      pbouchand
      2013-04-08

It seems that FC18 0.1.3 libnice rpm does not provide "nicesrc" and "nicesink". I rebuilt and installed 0.1.2 srpm on my FC18 and the test call worked without crash. Unfortunately, I cannot give you the exact output of "gst-inspect-0.10 nice" with 0.1.3 release of libnice right now. I just remember there was "0" feature.

• Jakub Adam
        Jakub Adam
        2013-04-17

Looks like a bug in your distribution's libnice packaging then. But if I remember correctly I once had similar problem and was able to solve it simply by deleting a GStreamer registry file .gstreamer-0.10/registry.x86_64.bin in my $HOME. Might be worth trying before you report to Fedora.

• Bradley Baetz
      Bradley Baetz
      2014-03-03

The fedora 20 purple-sipe package doesn't require libnice-gstreamer (libnice-gstreamer1 is required by farstream, so if empathy is installed then that is loaded)

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1071710 raised upstream

pidgin still shouldn't crash, though...

• Stefan Becker
        Stefan Becker
        2014-03-03

The crash should be fixed with commit e41ba62.

• Jakub,

I have the same issue on ubuntu raring. I am actually building packages for ubuntu (https://launchpad.net/~radaczynski/+archive/pidgin-sipe/), and it seems that I do not have the nicesrc nor nicesink. How can I have them? Also I am not sure about the fact that raring has gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 at the same time - this should not be a problem, should it?

$ gst-inspect-0.10 nice
    Plugin Details:
    Name: nice
    Description: Interactive UDP connectivity establishment
    Filename: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-0.10/libgstnice010.so
    Version: 0.1.3
    License: LGPL
    Source module: libnice
    Binary package: libnice
    Origin URL: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/

0 features:

$ gst-inspect-1.0 |grep nice
    PLUGIN_NAME: nicesrc: ICE source
    PLUGIN_NAME: nicesink: ICE sink

Last edit: Bartosz Radaczynski 2013-05-07
    • Jakub Adam
      Jakub Adam
      2013-05-12

Hi Bartosz,

seems that I do not have the nicesrc nor nicesink. How can I have them?

In Ubuntu it should be the same as in Debian, so the nice elements are in gstreamer0.10-nice package. From your gst-inspect-0.10 output it's apparent you have it installed, however for some reason GStreamer can't load nicesrc and nicesink. You might try removing the registry file as I've suggested in my previous post in this thread.

If that doesn't help then it can be a problem in the package, try to get in touch with its Ubuntu maintainer (the same package in Debian reports the 2 elements correctly, I've just tried).

I am not sure about the fact that raring has gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 at the same time - this should not be a problem, should it?

I agree, GStreamer 0.10 and 1.0 can coexist peacefully.