Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

"move to" for contacts not in buddy list seems to have disappeared in 1.18

Help
Alex G
2014-03-10
2014-03-11
  • Alex G
    Alex G
    2014-03-10

it used to be when someone messaged me that I had not contacted before, their address showed up as sip:foo.bar@domain.com.  In prior version of pidgin-sipe I was able to right-click on their name, and add them to a group, and then they would resolve and I'd get the picture and all.

But now my menu no longer has the option for "Move To" for unknown contacts.

Is this a known issue?  Has anyone else noticed this or found a way to fix it?

Attachments
  • Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2014-03-11

I have never seen such a functionality in Pidgin, so I doubt that has gone missing through changes in SIPE.

SIPE only generates two context aware menus (AFAIR): one for chat entries and one for buddy list entries. The buddy one has the Copy to... and Move to... entries.

• Alex G
    Alex G
    2014-03-11

Yeah the Copy to and Move to entries are missing now in the buddy window. If other people on 1.18 still have these context aware menus then I'll have to dig deeper into my set up.

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2014-03-11

I still see "Move To..." which is provided from Pidgin. Looking at src/purple/purple-buddy.c, I can only explain it that purple_buddy_get_name() is somehow broken, which was introduced for compatibility with API 3.x.x.

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2014-03-11

Ouch, stupid thinko detected: fixed in commit 9105588.

I can see the "Copy to" menu again...