Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

User Agent issue

Help
2013-01-02
2013-03-28
  • Hi, just installed Pidgin and the SIPE plugin on my new Windows 7 laptop for work.  It would fail to connect with the error

"You have been rejected by the server: You are currently not using the recommended version of the client". 

I found an entry in the FAQ about this issue and entered the value "UCCAPI/3.5.6907.0 OC/3.5.6907.0" for "User Agent".  That produced another error

"You have been rejected by the server: https://OCSPool01.xxx.xxx.com/AutoUpdate/Int/Handle/OCUpgrade.aspx?folder=OC-3.5.6907.206"

Ultimately change the user agent value to "UCCAPI/3.5.6907.0 OC/3.5.6907.206".  Note the bolded value.  And now Pidgin is working!

Thanks for all your hard work.  There's a chance I can help by building a Windows installer for this project if that will help.  Please let me know what I'll need aside from an installer; I'd user Inno Installer given a choice.  I would need some hand holding getting started; but, not much.

Regards

• Stefan Becker
    Stefan Becker
    2013-01-02

The current Windows release package is based on NSIS installer. Did you try that?

As nobody wants to take the job of the Windows release maintainer that is currently our only option, because the NSIS installer generator runs under Linux. I.e. we non-Windows developers can create a Windows release without using Windows.