* Pidgin 2.7.9 with Sipe from master today (I have seen similar issues since the early days of SIPE)
* Ubuntu 10.10 32bit
* Friend is using Communicator 2007 client
I am not sure I fully understand this issue, but I am going to describe it as well as I do understand it. Below is one scenario that I am able to reproduce consistently.
1) I start pidgin and login to SIPE
2) Dustin Singleton starts communicator and logs in
3) Dustin IMs me - this succeeds
4) I message Dustin - this succeeds
5) We both leave the conversation open
6) Dustin unplugs his network cable (he has wireless disabled) and then plugs it back in. NOTE: I never see that he went offline
7) After Dustin signs in he IMs me - this succeeds
8) I try to respond and get an error stating that the message cannot be delivered
9) I restart Pidgin and IM him - this succeeds
10) He IMs me - this succeeds
I have attached two different logs one for 1-8 and the second set is for the remaining logs.
I have seen other similar issues, but the trend seems to be:
* someone gets disconnected/reconnected (either me or the friend). Typically this will happen when moving from a desk to a meeting room.
* the conversation window is left open on at least one end
* I have seen these similar issues with me using SIPE and the friend being on the Communicator 2007 client (both windows and mac), SIPE on Ubuntu
Problems seem to be:
* Cannot IM the other user and get a message indicating that I cannot message them
* Messages from the friend that are sent to me don't make it to me and no error is displayed to the friend
* If the friend disconnects I do not see it change in my window. This may just be because we don't wait long enough though.
To solve it:
* Sometimes I cannot send a message (and I get an error stating it cannot be delievered), the friend is indicated as online, and the only way to fix it is if they restart
* Sometimes I cannot send a message (and I get an error stating it cannot be delievered), the friend is indicated as online, and I restart and things work
I realize this bug is pretty vague, but this is about all the information I have been able to gather and it wasn't until recently that I was able to reproduce anything so that I could gather logs. I will be happy to provide any additional information that I am able to.
PS: Thank you for all the excellent work with SIPE :)