What is new in v7 ?

Billwinkle
2004-12-28
2013-04-30
  • Billwinkle
    Billwinkle
    2004-12-28

I have been using versions of SimpleCheck since v3

What new features will compell me to use v7?

• JRWOLFF
      JRWOLFF
      2004-12-28

I have been an intense user of SimpleCheck since version 5.0 and have seen many wonderful improvements to it since then.  I can't even imagine what you are missing by remaining on version 3.

Just try it and look at the help section  --  there are too many improvements to list.  I am sure you will be glad you did.

• Billwinkle
      Billwinkle
      2004-12-29

I am NOT still using v3, I have upgraded with the program throughout the years, I'm just curious what is NEW in v7 over v6x???

Also, where did the big [check mailbox] buttons go at the bottom of the results window?  :(

• Sergei Fedorov
      Sergei Fedorov
      2005-01-06

Nice to find some forums here!

Been using v6.5g for quite some time now, interested also in what v7 contains :)

Great program, I keep trying the slightly nicer XP looking PopTray but find it soooo slow and cumbersome compared to Simplecheck which is always fast.

Keep up the good work!

Fedorov.

• simplecheck
        simplecheck
        2005-01-10

Thank you, Sergei. I am looking for more developers to join the project. If you are interested, or know anyone who could be -- let me know. We can discuss it off-line.

Regards.
        Max

• simplecheck
      simplecheck
      2005-01-10

Here is what's new in SC 7.0 comparing to SC 6.5g. Most of it anyway:
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Changed -- Messages marked as old(seen) only if opened in SimpleCheck message viewer or explicitly marked as read from the Result dialog menu.
      Changed -- HTML formated message can be open directly in the preview window instead of starting an external Web Browser
      Changed -- MailCheck Buttons in the Result Window moved to the toolbar.

Added -- New message state while the Result Window is open: Change a new message icon (green check mark) to a yellow check mark after email was checked one more time.
      Added -- Menu items: Mark messages as read/unread
      Added -- New filter type "Contains ALL"
      Added -- Save spam messages into a separate folder (quarantine).Protects misconfigured filters from deleting important messages.
      Added -- Clickable links in the message preview
      Added -- Mailbox (Result) window: Ctrl+N shortcut to write new email.
      Added -- Compose message window: Ctrl+Enter shortcut to send email.
      Added -- Confirmation on message send and corresponding option.
      Added -- Default and Account Signatures.

Fixed -- Compose new always takes first account for the "from" address.