Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Which mertic for Job relevancy?

2008-06-07
2013-04-25
  • Tabbasum Naz
    Tabbasum Naz
    2008-06-07

Hello,

I have list of jobs with job descriptions and job titles. These jobs are searched by giving a keyword to a search engine. Example of keyword and job description is given at the end.

I want to check the job relevancy?I want to find which "job description" is relevant to the user's "keyword". Can anybody tell me which metric is suitable for such type of task?

Best Regards
    Tabbasum

Example:
    Keyword= java
    Job Description=

This position is open as of 6/5/2008.
    Multi-Billion Dollar Corporation Seeks Senior J2EE Developer, Software Engineer or Architect!
    J2EE, Java, Serverside Java, J2EE Programmer, J2EE Developer, Java Programmer, Java Developer, Software Engineer, Servlets, Struts, Java Architect, J2EE Architect
    Are you a Senior Java Engineer or J2EE Developer or Java Architect? If so, read on...
    We are a multi-billion dollar international corporation. We are the largest and fastest growing company in our industry.
    What is in it for you?
    # Work with the best developers
    # Competitive Salaries
    # Full Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K)
    # Flexible Spending Account
    # Generous Vacation Policy
    # Free Lunch EVERY DAY

What you will be doing!
    # Develop core technology, including the design/architecture of new solutions, the refinement of existing code, and the optimization of dynamic web content
    # Work with production team to fulfill requests in the project queue, assessing impact and involving the data systems and network operations teams when necessary
    # Write design specifications, programming specifications, and documentation
    # Develop and maintain web applications written in Java/JSP/Servlets, operating on a Linux/Apache platform
    # Develop systems and APIs for interfacing with open and proprietary network services and complex business logic/algorithms

What you need!

# 4+ yrs in J2EE web application development
    # MVC frameworks such as Struts, Spring MVC or Echo
    # Continuous integration (CruiseControl)
    # Apache, servlet containers (resin/tomcat/etc), XML, JMX, JMS, HTML, and UNIX skills
    # Hibernate
    # JMS, Webservices

So if you are a Senior J2EE Developer or Java Architect or Senior Java Developer, we look forward to your resume!