Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

ShopCMS won't install ... DB engine???

bluemoon
2007-12-06
2013-03-27
  • bluemoon
    bluemoon
    2007-12-06

I'd love to try this script but it won't install. What is an install_driver?  I entered my username for the database and the password where it says install_driver but that must be wrong. 

I get the following message:

Software error:

install_driver(password) failed: Can't locate DBD/password.pm in @INC (@INC contains: $wanted_path /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at (eval 7) line 3.
    Perhaps the DBD::password perl module hasn't been fully installed,
    or perhaps the capitalisation of 'password' isn't right.
    Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Gofer, Proxy, SQLite2, Sponge, mysql.
    at install.cgi line 34

Not sure what to do.

• If you have your own server with command-line access, you should install DBD::password by doing the following:

cpan
         install DBD::password

It will then look for dependencies and install the relevant perl modules.

If you have a hosted server, probably you are stuck.  You might be able to ask your host to install the missing perl modules, but more than likely they'll refuse.

Hope that helps!

Brian

• Lol. Forget that about the cpan.  Helps if I read the error correctly. ;-)

I guess the driver you want is mysql if you have access to a MySQL database.

Brian