Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

PDDL format to JSHOP2 format

Fadajoc
2005-07-20
2013-05-20
  • Fadajoc
    Fadajoc
    2005-07-20

Hi
    I am trying to use JSHOP2, but i have a problem...I want to use PDDL descriptions instead of SHOP2 descriptions.

How do I convert a problem file from PDDL format to JSHOP2 format?

I tried to use the converter available on the IPC-2002 zip, but it only works for the lisp version of SHOP2, right?

Thanks

• Dana Nau
      Dana Nau
      2005-07-20

Both SHOP2 and JSHOP2 use the same input format (modulo one or two minor changes), so I think the converter's output should work equally well (or equally badly!) for both SHOP2 and JSHOP2.   But I don't think I'd recommend using the converter, because there are some problems with it. 

As you probably know, one of the reasons for using HTN planning is that one can give the planner knowledge about how to solve problems in the given the planning domain, so that the planner can plan efficiently.  The problem is that there's no way to produce that information automatically from the PDDL operators, because that information simply isn't present in those operators at all.

Thus, one can either do a verbatim conversion (in which case the planner won't do anything unless one writes some HTN methods that call the operators), or else one can produce a conversion in which the operators are modified so that they make SHOP2 do a brute-force forward search (which is extremely inefficient).

I can't remember which of these two things our converter does, but in either case it won't do everything you want.  You will need to do additional work by hand.

Our original idea for the converter was to have a tool that would give us the PDDL operators in SHOP2 format, so that we could write the HTN domain knowledge on top of this.  But as we gained experience with PDDL, we found it easier to simply write the entire set of operators by hand, without using the converter at all.

• ali
    ali
    2012-11-16

ackMarket() {
    message=Market(?x);
    condition=null;
    do{send(this,tell(Market(sender,?x)))}
    effects=null;
    i have code in this format n want to convert in jshop2 format .. is there any software available to do that.

• I don't get it @mariigold - that is not PDDL format.  I have no idea what format that is, but it's definitely not PDDL.

• ali
    ali
    2012-11-17

ackMarket() { message=Market(?x);
    condition=null;
    do{send(this,tell(Market(sender,?x)))}
    effects=null;
    i have code in (adf) format n want to convert in jshop2 format .. is there any software available to do that.