Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

changing the place where messages are stored

Alfonso
2006-09-07
2013-04-11
  • Alfonso
    Alfonso
    2006-09-07

is there a way to do that? I have searched everywhere and aparantly there is no option...
    I would really appreciate that, I would like to share my messages between windows and linux, just as I make with thunderbird...

Thank you for your answers

• imaz13
      imaz13
      2007-05-20

I would like to know how to do this, too. I don't want to have my mails in my home-directory.

• fklab
        fklab
        2007-05-22

once again, the FAQ on http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ helps:

Where does Evolution store my data?

Evolution stores your data in $HOME/.evolution/, your account settings in $HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution and your passwords in $HOME/.gnome2_private/Evolution. The passwords are not stored encrypted, just base64 encoded. SSL Certificates are stored in $HOME/.camel_certs, and if Evolution crashed while you were writing an email, there could even be a file $HOME/.evolution-composer.autosave-123456 (where 123456 is some string).

$HOME/ of course refers to linux file systems. On Windows these folders are in
        C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\USERNAME\ that´s of course the german Path, I suppose translated the folder would be called "documents and settings" - anyway, it's the folder with all the user specific files are stored like "my files" and so on.

The FAQ also provides directions how to backup mail and/or personal settings btw.

fklab