Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Libsoup Needs to be built with SSL!!

Danbo
2007-08-29
2013-04-11
  • Danbo
    Danbo
    2007-08-29

There have been two threads that have examined why Evolution cannot connect to an Exchange server with SSL. It has been determined that libsoup was not compiled with SSL support. My question is why someone has not taken on the task of doing this. I myself am not a programer but will offer help in testing and debugging. Maybe the bigger question is why it hasn't been done yet.............Tor?

• I'd be willing to give compiling it a shot, if there were instructions (and source) assuming it could be done with compilers that I have (or are free to get).  The 2.8.2-2 version doesn't appear to have source uploaded (and I don't see anything with CVS Browse).

Regards

• Okay, I've found the "source" from the 2.8.2-1 release.  Installed cygwin and some extra stuff like the ngutls, etc.  I've got it to compile (with the -mnocygwin flag), but don't know how to take the libsoup-2.2.a file and convert it to a dll (which all the sources were created as).  Anyone got a suggestion?

Thanks.

• Danbo
          Danbo
          2007-10-11

• Yes and no.  Had looked at that page, but wasn't sure best way to proceed.  Was hoping Markybob or Tor Lillqvist would give exact instructions (the "source" is just a collection of the gzip'd tar files of the various pieces and parts; no build instructions (order, special flags, needed libraries (if others), etc.).

Can't visit Lillqvist site to see what is there (blocked).

Also, I believe those instructions build a cygwin dependent module (have to have cygwin installed).  I was trying to use the mingw (which is why they are dependant on the MSVCR71.DLL file).

I may get there on my own...someday...  :-)

• Well, tried just a vanilla MinGW w/MSYS.
              Compiled/installed libxml okay, but then libsoup configure complains about not finding it and having the wrong version of pkg-config (< 0.9).
              Downloaded 0.18 (latest), but it won't compile...

Maybe I'll get back to this in all of my free time.  LOL

• Danbo
      Danbo
      2007-10-11

I wish I new. I am going to do a little research ans see if I can find something. It is times like these I will I was a programmer!