Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I have just installed Evolution and it is really great! Thanks to all!
However, I have two problems:
1) How can I change the directory, where my user data is stored? I want to change it from c:\documents and settings\Thomas\.evolution to D:\Data\.evolution
2) How can I import my data from Outlook Express?
Thanks four your help!
I think to be able to import it from outlook express you will need to:
- Install Mozilla Thunderbird to convert your mail from OEMail to MBOX format.
- Import from Evolution using File->Import, navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\randomletters\
- Then select the right folder from the director, select MBOX format, and then import Inbox to Inbox, Sent Items to Sent Items, etc.
Hope this helps.
I just want to bring up the topic of user data directory again:
For synchronizing with several mobile and desktop computers for reason of data security and portability in thunderbird I managed to put all my profiles to D:\something\email-data\...
Is this possible with evolution, too?
(This also is one of the preconditions of using multiple OS on one computer with the same user data.)