Error #1335 installing Evolution

fbugliani
2007-03-19
2013-04-11
  • fbugliani
    fbugliani
    2007-03-19

Evolution-2.8.2-2

When I try to install Evolution-2.8.2-2 for Windows on an XP, this error message appears:

"Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

When I press "Retry" it continues, but eventually it gets stuck on this message.
    If I choose "Ignore" a new message appears: "Error 2350.FDI server error". After that I can only choose "Abort"

I downloaded the .msi file several times with the same result. Any ideas?

Thanx

• Marcos Pinto
      Marcos Pinto
      2007-03-19

try a different mirror.  many people have installed it with no corruption error.  are you using a download accelerator of some kind?

• fbugliani
        fbugliani
        2007-03-19

No download accelerator. I also tried from 2 different mirrors.
        My last chance is to format the computer, but I have to be sure thats going to fix it.
        Thanx

• Marcos Pinto
          Marcos Pinto
          2007-03-19

which browser are you downloading with?  tried a different one?

• fbugliani
            fbugliani
            2007-03-19

Didnt try that. Will try with firefox. I was using IE7

• Jyg
              Jyg
              2007-03-20

If you get really stuck its a messy method but you could install Virtual PC 2007 and run it from there just to see if it is a problem with the software configuration on your PC.

Matt

• fbugliani
      fbugliani
      2007-03-26

Thank you. The problem was the IE7 (aparently) I downloaded the package with Firefox and everything went ok