1) Release Information
Our annual developer days ended this Wednesday, and as promised in the Beta 1 release announcement, Beta 2 is available as of now.
The following blog posts describe what’s new and changed in Beta 2:
* New productivity features in Beta 2
* VB.NET – New Features
* WPF Designer – New Features
* Unit Testing with IronRuby
Before entering the RC stage, we will deliver a Beta 3 of SharpDevelop 4.0. The planned timeframe is end of September.
Changes between Beta 1 and Beta 2:
* Merged WPF Designer branch (Gsoc project)
* Merged VB.NET branch (Gsoc project)
* More refactorings, new UI for refactoring (Gsoc project)
* Merged SharpDevelop Reports branch (was shipping in 3.2 but not Beta 1)
* AvalonEdit performance optimizations
* Support for new dynamic debugging features in .NET 4.0
* Support for Ruby's unit testing framework
* Code coverage addin is working again
* Using Data addin for building SQL queries in SDR
* Updated IronRuby to version 1.1
* Update NUnit to version 2.5.7
* Upgrade to AvalonDock 1.3.3571
* Restructured AddIns folder
* Component Inspector addin is now a sample
* IL binding is now a sample
* Remove support for Compact Framework
SharpDevelop 4.0 Beta 2:
SharpDevelop 4.0 is built against .NET Framework 4.0 Full – you must install it first.
Please note that .NET 3.5 SP1  is required too, and the Windows SDK  is strongly recommended.
SharpDevelop can take advantage of the following software if you install it:
TortoiseSVN (Source Control)
Our primary means of support is via our Web-based forum (please do not email team members directly unless they advise you to do so in the forum):